Sunday, August 2, 2009

Dixon Day 2

Today was Day 2 a different judge. I almost had a heart attack because they changed judges and yesterday's judge and the new one had the same first name. I almost packed up and went. Captain took 1 in class and that was all. I really thought he was going winners dog she kept looking at him. He didn't want to do too much with his ears today but that was the story for almost all of them. I was very glad to beat the dog in class. Same age some color. He had beating us twice in Woodland our first weekend and then again yesterday. That puppy took a group 2 with the pem group 1 in the puppy show. I should have had it that puppy had not grown well since that first weekend with an upward topline towards the rear. So all in all I am happy with the weekend and the next show should be a four day starting on Aug 20 in Santa Rosa.Will keep you updated. I am thinking of going to Eukanuba but would love to go finished. Plenty of shows to get there. I forgot to bring by reference papers to join the parent club when I went to see everyone in OR. I need to get on that. Talk soon. Sorry no pics Denise is in San Diego with her folks.

4 comments:

  1. Captain was by far THE best dog there. The dog who beat him in BOW (I think)had a tail that went up between his ears. It was not attractive.

    Fig and I had a great time. I was very happy to sit ringside and watch, but I think Fig would like to be in the ring. We can have "Battle of the Brothers." ;-)

    Trenton,

    Thanks for a fun day. Hope to see you all next weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The judge tried really really hard to give it to you, including taking bait from you to try and get ears off of him... work on it at home is my suggestion.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Darn, I always wonder who "Anonymous" is ;-)

    It's hard late in the day. Grandma Alice completely melts at shows on summer afternoons.

    Puppies often go through high-in-the-butt stages. Been there, done that, usually they come back.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear anonymous thank you for your comments and I would greatly appreciate any comments good or bad and tips as well. You can also email me privately. I was not trying to but down the WD was just frustrated. Thanks again

    ReplyDelete