Saturday, August 1, 2009

Dixon Day 1

Well today was the Richmond Kennel Club show in Dixon. We showed at 12:30. the count was suppose to 6-4(1-0). the 2 open dogs were a no show so that put the point down to 2 unless you beat the special. It was also a puppy show and today was Captain's fist time in 9-12. First of he only took a class 2 of 2. I was very displeased with the judge as were a few others. My father and myself couldn't figure out what she was looking for. Once we thought we figured it out she went in another direction. She eventual put up a 12-18 bitch for breed over Harvey the special who normally wins and places in group. He is much better put together than the bitch. I did notice that the judge almost wanted nothing to do with Captain as she stood back and looked at everyone on the table and let them go around after the up and back but she went right at Cappy before i even had his front paws down and then had me go to the end behind the other puppy in front of me without letting him go around the ring. There is more but I don't want to rant that much more. I will definitely not show in front of her again. The only thing worse was the steward who did not know what she was doing. She had to be told multiple times by the judge about taking away and placing back the table. So hopefully tomorrow will be a better day and at least I will take defeat if I can tell what the judge wants. Will tweet and post tomorrow no pics sorry.

3 comments:

  1. It sounds like a bust of a show day. We can all look up the judge so we know to avoid her. I've had a couple of experiences like that -- where I could not figure out what the judge was looking for. At one of them, she gave winners dog (ribbons, etc.) to one really horrible dog, but wrote down another dog's number. Of course, that judge is in her eighties and I don't think sees very well anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sucks! Fig will be there tomorrow to cheer you on. He rolled in horse poop today, so you'll smell him before you see him.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Breed went to the winner's dog, Jane and Patrick Smith's boy, who placed BOB over Harvey and other specials at his last show as well... he's been undefeated at all five shows he's been at, with majors each show...

    ReplyDelete