Friday, April 22, 2011

Sacramento Results and Vallejo this Weekend

So last weekend while everyone was enjoying the Nationals, I wasn't able to go, I did have the opportunity to show in Sacramento. I was hoping with Harvey off to Houston we could get a Breed win and Group experience. On Saturday there was a Harvey puppy boy, a blue open bitch, and Jacque Chapman had a veteran special dog that showed with us. Captain decided he didn't want to move at all on Saturday so his movement was bad but the ground a table he did fine. Jaque took breed and I was happy for her since I have not seen her in about 6 months. ON Sunday was the same group but Jacque did not show with her veteran. So just Cappy , puppy, and open bitch. Captain finally got his first BOB. This was of course after the wonderful C-Myst family had a great showing in Houston, Congrats to all. Captain moved much better on Sunday. Group was whole other story. Cappy does not like showing in the afternoon and after the long wait, we showed at 9, he was done. He did well in pose and on the table but I almost had to drag him around the ring. Plus the group judge was the breed judge from Sat.

So I need help or ideas on how to get Cappy moving better. Even in the morning he does not move all that well and I believe this is the one thing holding us back. I believe a lot has to do with me but I am now getting frustrated. SO please email me with suggestions if you have any, spons7@pacbell.net

This weekend we will be showing in Vallejo. I will not show tomorrow as I work but will be there on Sunday. Cappy has done well at this show in the past. On a great side note it sounds like Kathy will be there with Denali and Sage competing in Rally, and Amber who has Rosie (Cappy and Sage little sister from the second Wally-Hanna) is coming up to see everyone. Alden is trying to make it but with her mom still recovering might not be able to make it. So I will posy pics of everyone and results hopefully Sunday night.

Here are a couple of Pics, I tried the group video buy it did't work. If you like I can try to email it if you want. The Video uploaded to Facebook so check it out if need be add me as a friend. Trenton Sponsler.













4 comments:

  1. Road work. It will help. He looks great otherwise. :-) Also maybe try getting a super special toy, that is small enough to fit in your pocket, but that he doesn't get to play with except at dog shows. Use it to get him excited right before you gait him. Rile him up a bit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Trenton,

    I will be there on Sunday with just Denali. Sage isn't showing till May 1 in Martinez and again on May 8 at the Mission Trail Poodle Club show in Milpitas. I am using these as workshops for him. If he gets his leg, that is fine, but I just want to give him more show experience.

    We will be showing about the same time as Cappy for our Advanced class. We will show around 8:40 as the very first dog in the Excellent class. We're not far from you so will come and look for you after our 9:35am showing.

    I also have a lot of trouble motivating Denali to move with me. I agree with Mandy on the roadwork and toy comments. We can talk about it a little more tomorrow! Look forward to seeing you!
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  3. If I have well understand you are a dog trainer I think that work is really amazing :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was stunned with the information stated. Im looking forward for more.

    ReplyDelete