Sunday, October 24, 2010

Dog Show Woes

So today finished my first weekend showing Greta. She was class 2 on Thurs, Class 1 and Reserve Fri and Today. She loves to show and really loves to stand and bait just like Cappy. She was a little hard on the table and is a little reluctant to have her teeth shown so I will be working on the table this week. We have a little run in with upset tummy and she lost more coat from being nervous and illness. She seams naked almost. I am trying my best with grooming and poofing up her chest.

Today though was the worst day I have had to date showing. We showed in the rain. Greta is used to indoors but she is moving well on grass. The other contender today was the wind. It was blowing at us with the rain and Greta didn't like the table to almost the end. In the pictures the canopy we are under I was told later blew apart and had to have people hold until repair during the Pems showing.

Next up is Cappy and Greta next week Fri, Sat, Sun in Dixon then 2 weeks later in Napa.




Before going in you can't tell the Wind and Rain but it was there.

Is it my turn yet?


Finally calmed down on the table


Wet grass isn't too bad


Pick Me, Pick Me







1 comment:

  1. Weather was really nasty today - so sorry you had to show it in. Denali and I are scheduled go to back tomorrow AM for Rally. I am taking my high rain boots, but if it is really just a muddy swamp, we may bag it.

    Good luck in Dixon!

    ReplyDelete